ABA Therapy Programs
ABA Therapy Programs
We provide services to clients in Adelaide, using a mobile service model that works with the client in home, in school/preschool, or in the community all across Adelaide. ABA for Change provides services to people of all ages from 12 months and up who have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) or other developmental delay. Each program is overseen by a Program Supervisor who is a Board Certified Behaviour Analysts (BCBA) and is implemented by private in-home therapists and/or by the client’s caregivers. We can also provide behaviour intervention programs in collaboration with educators in childcare, kindergarten, or school.
We offer a range of different programs that are individualised based on the person’s needs, and resources available. These range from small focused programs addressing one or two priority skills (e.g. communication or toilet training), up to early intensive behaviour intervention programs for 20+ hours per week addressing all relevant developmental areas. Our programs are designed specifically based on the person’s strengths, weaknesses, and priorities.
At ABA for Change our mission is to make positive change in the lives of our clients by helping them learn the skills they need to communicate, participate, build friendships, and gain greater independence.
We are a mobile ABA therapy provider in Adelaide that provides home and community based supports to people with autism and related developmental delays.
No two programs are the same because no two people are the same!
- All our programs are directly designed and supervised by a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA)
- Our BCBAs have worked with ABA therapy and autism since 2013
- All behaviour therapists are directly trained and supervised by BCBAs
- All across Adelaide we will come to you, so no need to travel
- All assessments, training, therapy, and meetings happen in your home
- We teach skills using natural, practical strategies in your home, school, or community, exactly where that skill is needed
- All programs are based on the science of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
- ABA is an evidence based approach based on scientific research
- ABA using positive reinforcement is the most effective teaching approach for people with Autism Spectrum Disorder and related developmental delays
- You are involved in all decision making and planning about individualised goals and skill building strategies
- We teach you to use effective support strategies to help your child be more successful at home and in the community
- We support multidisciplinary collaboration with other healthcare professionals at home and at school and offer speech pathology services
How Applied Behaviour Analysis Works
Over the past 75 years, extensive literature has shown the successful use of ABA-based procedures to reduce problem behaviours and increase appropriate skills for individuals of all ages with intellectual disabilities, autism and related developmental disorders.
- Teach new skills to increase independence and improve people’s lives
- Reduce and replace inappropriate or problematic behaviours
- Complete developmental skills assessments and reports
- Provide training to families on effective support strategies
- Provide professional development training opportunities to allied health professionals and educators
- Provide training to teachers and schools on effective classroom behaviour support strategies