ABA Therapy Programs
ABA Therapy Programs
We provide ABA programs to children all across Adelaide, using a mobile service model that works with the child in home, in school/preschool, or in the community. ABA for Change provides ABA programs to children who have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), intellectual disability (ID) or other developmental delays. Each program is overseen by a Program Supervisor who is a Board Certified Behaviour Analysts (BCBA) and is implemented by private Behaviour Therapists and/or by the child’s caregivers. We can also provide ABA programs in collaboration with educators in childcare, kindergarten, or school.
We offer a range of different programs that are individualised based on the child’s needs, and resources available. These range from small focused programs addressing one or two priority skills (e.g. communication or toilet training), up to Early Intensive Behaviour Intervention programs for 20+ hours per week addressing all relevant developmental areas. Our programs are designed specifically based on the child’s strengths, weaknesses, and values of your family.
At ABA for Change our mission is to make positive change in the lives of our clients by teaching them to communicate, advocat for themselves, participate at home and in the community, build friendships, and gain greater independence.
We are a mobile ABA and Speech Therapy provider in Adelaide and we provide home and community based supports to children with autism and related developmental delays.
No two programs are the same because no two kids are the same!
- All our programs are directly designed and supervised by a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA)
- Our BCBAs have worked with ABA therapy and autism since 2013
- All Behaviour Therapists are directly trained and supervised by BCBAs
- All across Adelaide we will come to you, so no need to travel!
- All assessments, training, therapy, and meetings happen in your home
- We teach skills using natural, practical strategies in your home, school, or community, exactly where that skill is needed
- All programs are based on the science of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
- ABA is an evidence based approach based on scientific research
- ABA uses positive reinforcement and is the most effective teaching approach for people with Autism Spectrum Disorder and related developmental delays
- You are involved in all decision making and planning about individualised goals and skill building strategies for your child
- We teach you to use effective support strategies to help your child to participate more at home and in the community finding a better balance for your family
- We support multidisciplinary collaboration with other healthcare professionals at home and at school and offer speech pathology services
How Applied Behaviour Analysis Works
ABA for Change uses evidence-based procedures and treatments based on principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). ABA is a scientific, problem-solving approach to behaviour change that relies on strategies and interventions demonstrated to effectively reduce behaviours of concern and teach new skills. ABA breaks down complex skills into functional parts and teaches each component systematically.
Over the past 75 years, extensive literature has shown the successful use of ABA-based procedures to reduce behaviours of concern and increase functional skills for individuals of all ages with intellectual disabilities, autism and related developmental delays.
- Teach new skills to increase independence and improve quality of life
- Reduce and replace behaviours of concern that are barriers to independence, choice and control
- Complete comprehensive developmental skills assessments and reports
- Provide training to families on effective and compassionate support strategies
- Provide professional development training opportunities to allied health professionals and educators
- Provide training to teachers and schools on effective classroom behaviour support strategies