ABA for Change provides specialised Early Intensive Behavioural Intervention (EIBI) for children aged 12 months to 7 years. EIBI is an evidence-based, comprehensive intervention for young children with autism spectrum disorder based on the principles of Applied
Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and has been shown to be associated with the most dramatic improvements in prognosis.
We will provide an intensive program targeting skills across all developmental domains, including communication, language, play, social skills, and personal independence. It may also focus on reducing behavioural concerns. EIBI is provided for no less than 20
hours per week with programs designed specifically based on the person’s strengths, weaknesses, and priorities.
We are using a mobile service model that works with your child in home, in school/preschool, or in the community all across Adelaide. Each program is overseen by a Program Supervisor who is a Board Certified Behaviour Analysts (BCBA) and is implemented by private in-home therapists and/or by the client’s caregivers.
Our Behaviour Programs
At ABA for Change our mission is to make a positive change in your child’s life by helping them learn the skills they need to communicate, participate, build friendships, and gain greater independence.
We are a mobile behaviour consultation service in Adelaide that provides home and community based supports to children with autism and related developmental delays.
No two programs are the same because no two people are the same!
- All our programs are directly designed and supervised by a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA)
- Our BCBAs have worked in ABA in Adelaide since 2013
- All behaviour therapists are directly trained and supervised by BCBAs
- All across Adelaide we will come to you, so no need to travel
- All assessments, training, therapy, and meetings happen in your home
- We teach skills using natural, practical strategies in your home, school, or community, exactly where that skill is needed
- All programs are based on the science of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA)
- ABA is an evidence based approach based on scientific research
- ABA using positive reinforcement is the most effective teaching approach for people with Autism Spectrum Disorder and related developmental delays
- You are involved in all decision making and planning about individualised goals and skill building strategies
- We teach you to use effective support strategies to help your child be more successful at home and in the community
- We support multidisciplinary collaboration with other healthcare professionals at home and at school and offer speech pathology services
How Applied Behaviour Analysis Works
ABA for Change utilises evidence-based procedures and treatments based on principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). ABA is a scientific, problem-solving approach to behaviour change that relies on strategies and interventions demonstrated to effectively reduce challenging or inappropriate behaviours and teach new skills. ABA breaks down complex skills into functional parts and teaches each component systematically.
Over the past 75 years, extensive literature has shown the successful use of ABA-based procedures to reduce problem behaviours and increase appropriate skills for individuals of all ages with intellectual disabilities, autism and related developmental disorders.
- Teach new skills to increase independence and improve people’s lives
- Reduce and replace inappropriate or problematic behaviours
- Complete developmental skills assessments and reports
- Provide training to families on effective support strategies
- Provide professional development training opportunities to allied health professionals and educators
- Provide training to teachers and schools on effective classroom behaviour support strategies